Sunday, March 18, 2012

What an amazing day Saturday was! It was definitely extremely busy and I did wake up at 4:30 am from excitement :p But it was all so worth it! The day started off with a hair appointment at 8. My hair was incredible compliments to Nancy Mcaleese! I then came home to get ready for the Albany St. Patrick's Day parade. Katelynn and rode on a 65 GTO. I overheard the owner say what kind of car it was and was so proud to pretend I knew something about cars! :p The parade was overwhelmed with people! This time thankfully there were no riots. However. there were plenty of adorable dogs! One of the things that is most important when participating in a parade is to make sure you do not miss anyone! People were so comfortable coming up and talking to us and it really made my day. The best thing about the parade was the thousands of smiles in the crowd. People were having a great time and I was a part of the reason they were smiling. It does not get better than that! It was incredible to be a part of the community Katelynn and I are representing.
We were also guests at the Miss Mohawk Valley pageant where the beautiful Miss New York, Kaitlin Monte, co-hosted the pageant. It was so inspiring to sit in the audience and listen to her beautiful words. She is an amazing public speaker! I really admire her for having time for anyone who has questions for her whether it be fellow sisters of the Miss America Organization or a child struggling with bullying. (That is her platform.) She made sure everyone in the audience received the message that you will only shine if you let it come from the inside. We don't need to have expensive gowns, fancy makeup or even a crown on our heads to show the world what is inside of us. I hope a lot of young ladies were able to hear her incredible message. I hope many will get ithe message from reading this blog! You are beautiful <3
The pageant was a blast to watch. Laurie Jean Britton is the field director and she always puts on a great pageant every year. Competing in her pageants is so much fun you almost don't want to leave! This year I sat in the audience and I swear it was more nerveracking than actually competing! I know a lot of the girls who competed quite well and I wanted them all to win! Unfortunately that is not possible :p Third runner up was Jessica Lape, second runner up was Katherine Bant, first runner up was Heather Graves and Courtney Sheridan is our new Miss Mohawk Valley 2012! Lynn Tryon was gorgeous and heartwarming as she always is and her and her mother are two of the most generous and thoughtful people I have ever met. They made my sister queen and I matching pink pearl bracelets which I will most definitely be taking to states as a reminder of all of those who believe in me starting with Lynn and her family <3 Thank you Lynn! Not that I was not planning on putting my all into competing and representing the Albany area..but knowing how much you believe in me will help push me the extra mile! I love you! Also a special thanks to Katelynn's mom and my own mother who spent the entire long day with us taking pictures and being there for anything we have needed. My mother has done this for me since the day I was born and God blessed me with putting her in my life as a key figure and role model.
The day was spent with many people I really love and care about. It was amazing to be able to support those people and the community I am proud of so much in the same day! And to top it all off I came home to my two excited dogs! :p I hope everyone had a GREAT St. Patrick's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment