Thursday, March 22, 2012

A visit to WTEN10!





I have been so excited all week to go down to Albany and meet with the one and only Steve Caporizzo! I was able to talk with him about my platform and receive his input on what else I should be focusing on. It was great to get someone's opinion who has been working for animal causes for a long time! We discussed how education is the primary ingredient in the fight for animal rights and that it is important to spread awareness as I do with my platform work! Buster's Law not being enforced is a large problem. The law has been passed but it is now time to strictly enforce it so we can better protect animals. Those who hurt animals will be guaranteed to hurt human beings at a later time. This law is just one of the many ways we can stop abusers and those who engage in violence in their reckless tracks.


I arrived at exactly 4:30 pm and met a lot of the news crew. I brought with me some blankets and handkerchiefs for the animal shelter( Mohawk Hudson Humane Society) that is involved with Steve's Pet Connection! I believe that animals are adopted at faster rates if they are presented in a way that is "pageantized"! We have to dress them up with accessories and advertise them so that people who are thinking about adoption will feel they are more adoptable. This has been proven! I thought the blankets and the handkerchief would help the Mohawk Hudson Humane Society's endeavors regarding adoption.




I was surprised to be asked to come back into the studio to watch Steve and the other anchors report their segments live! It was really special to me how the entire news team made me feel like a part of their team myself as a guest. They are all very welcoming to those who admire them and to anyone who visits their studio. As Steve was going through his emails he explained to me that he has over 1800 emails from february 18th and that it is just impossibly time consuming to get to each one although he tries and does his best. For him to answer my email meant a lot to me in the first place. But it meant even more when I was shown just how many emails he has to contend with on a daily basis between facebook and standard email. Chester the Pekingese arrived around quarter after five! He was so full of life and would not stop wagging his tail! As soon as his feet hit the carpet in the backroom he began to explore starting with those closest to him. :) He was also very intrigued by the treats being passed around from person to person! When he got on camera during the Pet Connection segment, it was like he knew he was on camera. All we wanted to do was roll around and get his belly rubbed! He was so cute! I don't see how he will go without being adopted for very much longer :) It was really nice to be so welcomed and to get professional input on what else I should be doing with my platform! I will cherish and remember this day for the rest of my life. Steve Caporizzo is a true role model in our communities. He has a huge heart not only for animals but for people as well and it was such a pleasure to be able to meet him and spend some time at the studio! We need to remember the animal legislation that has already been passed and push to not strengthen it but to enforce it strongly and without exceptions! We must push for those laws that have not been passed yet that will provide for more protection for animals and we must educate our communities not only about animal abuse but about the strong ongoing correlation between animal abuse and violent acts against humanity. We can drastically reduce violence if not ambitiously eliminate it altogether if we can better pinpoint who is a possible danger ot more likely to be a danger. Also, I cannot stress enough how important spaying and neutering is. The procedure can be pricey but it is so worth the money. If we keep up the amazing volunteer efforts that have been in effect so far we can take that 27% euthanization rate down to 0% Please help me in my endeavors to spread my platform and it's messages as far as I can! Steve Caporizzo and his crew have made significant differences and we can too!

No comments:

Post a Comment