Wednesday, March 14, 2012

one thing I need is a planner! But that is ok. I think that is a quick fix and that just means I have a lot of appearances and events to go to! I can hardly wait to get home and start everything I have planned! I will be attending Miss Mohawk Valley ( good luck everyone! <3)and the Albany's St. Patrick's Day Parade this saturday followed by a possible fashion show at the east greenbush fashion bug on Sunday! On monday I will go to my elementary school where I spent so many years of my life, and I will make my game plan with the principal about what I will be speaking to the children about.
Because my platform promotes animal rights and welfare it almost works as a channel to speak to children about bullying and how we should treat others. I am so excited to spend time with the children and get them started on the activities! Because there is an animal advocacy day I am planning to have them each color a heart with their handprint in the middle of it. We will turn it into a big collage that they will be able to keep in their classroom to remind them about what we talked about. I hope they enjoy it!

There is an event happening at the Broadalbin perth high school called the "pawesome party". It is March 23rd and it starts at 6 pm :) It is a fundraiser for the local animal shelters and homeless pets in our area. There will be concession stands for different types of food, and facepainting as well as a social gathering for animal lovers! That is the best part :p
I will continue to keep everyone updated! You can follow me through my year as Miss Empire Star by reading my blog :) <3

No comments:

Post a Comment