Thursday, March 22, 2012



I used to be a dancer believe it or not! I attended Jackie Sweeney's Creative dance studio and have known her for almost all of my life. Jackie is the definition of an influential role model in our community and she often takes the time to make sure every one of her students feel comfortable and special as an individual. My longtime friend Sara White still takes lessons from Jackie to this day and I visited them last night at their dance class! I had gone to show the girls my apparel for the Miss Fulton County pageant a few months prior and they were very active and expressive about their opinions on my wardrobe and just talking to me and having a good time in general :) Because of their outstanding opinions, I decided to tweak a few things and I now have a title! So I went back to thank them and to watch their new dances for the recital in May! Sara has been deaf since a very young age and learned sign language in an extremely short amount of time. She is absolutely amazing at being able to communicate this way. Jackie has chosen songs for Sara to sign as the rest of her class signs with her in the background. This was so heartwarming for me to see because when we were in elementary school I often stood between Sara and bullies. This is no longer a reality for Sara at least in her dance class :) She is made to feel special and admired and I along with many others have waited so long to see that happen for her. She always has been and it is time that she is shown that. Thanks to Jackie and her friends in her dance class, she will know she is admired every day even when her dance class is only once a week :)



I loved watching the girls dance and sign! Dianne and I had our own little private preview of the recital! The theme will be The Little Mermaid and sealife. I performed my talent song for them as well! It was a great way to spend the evening :)



No comments:

Post a Comment