Monday, March 5, 2012

This is Dianne:) She is my coach, best friend, second mom...so many things at once! I am so thankful that God put her in my life at seven years old! somewhere around there! She will give you anything and everything as long as it is not her sequins or rhinestones! haha She is her own Miss America and the most beautiful person inside as well as out! I love her!
















I have finally accomplished my goal and I have been crowned Miss Empire Star 2012! My goal does not end there however. I will now compete for Miss New York and hopefully advance to the Miss America pageant! With a platform involving animal rights and the correlation between animal abuse and all other acts of violence, I am hoping to send a broad message to society that we can drastically reduce violence if not ambitiously eliminate it altogether if we are able to recognize these relationships.



The pageant took place at the Shenendohowa senior center and was held in Clifton Park. Janet Murphy is my first executive director! She has a heart of gold and is always concerned about every one of her girls that compete in her pageant and even the girls that aged out and have competed in her pageant in the past. I love all of the pageants I have been involved with but this pageant,I have to say, is such a stress free environment. I was literally running on about three hours of sleep and had so much adrenaline throughout the competition that I did not even feel the fatigue! The girls I was privileged to compete with were both experienced in pageantry and new to pageants altogether! You would have never been able to tell the difference between them! All of them I know will go on to make state proud and will leave an impressionable mark in our system. Trust me you will see! They are amazing!





There were so many people at the pageant that have watched me work for this and have offered me so much advice and support! It meant so much to me and it was so emotionally overwhelming to see how many people are there for me and rooting me on! Jennifer Pollard, Miss Empire Star 2011 has left some big shoes to fill!

Katelynn Smith, my sister queen and long time friend has won the title of Miss Empire Rose 2012 and she has worked so hard as well. She deserves every moment of her win and her year!!!

I have a lot in progress already and I can't wait to get out into my community and spread my platform as well as positivity!

I wish I could post more pictures but unfortunately I tried to add them all in afterwards! :p next time I will do it right!

No comments:

Post a Comment