Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I have been quite the busy girl and I apologize for not updating as much as I should be! There is so much happening right now that my head is spinning but nothing I can't handle! Pawsitive Beginnings is finally in action and we have so much support from the community and the surrounding shelters! My mission as host of Pawstive Beginnings is to get as many animals adopted as possible and to take a step closer to eliminating kill shelters in New York and eventually all of America. Think we can do it? I know we can! I will also be getting training to become certified to accompany our police force in animal abuse cases. They do not have enough people to concentrate on safely transporting and placing animals or to do all of the paperwork that is involved, so that is where I come in! A humongous thanks to Thomas Voght who is giving me the opportunity to have this training! A couple of weeks ago we went to James A. Brennan Memorial Humane Society to film an adorable greyhound/boxer mix named Pluto! He has about $20.00 of his adoption fee paid and he is such a sweet adorable boy!!
 
We are hoping to hear more about his progress very soon! If you want to see Pluto in action, you can check out our video on him by typing in Pawsitive Beginnings on facebook! We are also working with Ayres Shelter in Spraker :) We are very close to being able to eliminate euthanization as a whole in the United States and the main goal of Pawsitive Beginnings is not only to increase adoption rates in Fulton County and beyond also to eliminate the concept of kill shelters.
They are overrun due to natural distasters, high spay and neuter costs, vet bills in general and
businesses known as puppy mills. Thank you to everyone who has supported us so greatly! We are really progressing nicely!
 
In other news, I will be competing for the Miss Fulton County title in just ten days! It is my last year of eligibility for the Miss America Program and I am really hoping that this year is finally my year. I competed in the Little Miss Fulton County Pageants when they were a scholarship fundraiser for the pageant and that is a part of my life that I will never forget! The Miss Fulton County organization has been such a huge part of my life for as long as I can remember and it is so hard knowing that this is my last year! I will of course be participating and contributing in any way I can after my eligibility is expired. I have the Miss Fulton County Pageant to thank for helping me to further my education, for helping me to make connections with others who have the same interests and for helping me build confidence which was almost non existent when I was a child. I originally started competing when I was young because I jumped at any chance I got to be on a stage, singing my heart out. It turned into so much more than that when I learned that the Miss America Organization is not only a way to express individuality but when I learned that it could also help me help the animals which is another big part of my life. Platforms became a requirement for the Miss America Organization the year I was born: 1989. One of the things I am so grateful for as a Miss America local titleholder, is how much it has helped me further my work with advocating for animals and educating the general public on how to prevent animal abuse and neglect. I hope I walk away from Gloversville Middle School on February 2nd 2013 with my biggest dream of becoming Miss Fulton County fulfilled, but if not, I am still a winner because of all the wonderful things the Miss Fulton County Organization has taught me! I will continue to dedicate my life to working with the elderly and helping animals. I am so blessed to have been a part of the Miss Fulton County Organization in any way. This is going to be a great final competition and a great mile marker in my life! Thank you for everyone who supports me in everything I do! I hope to make you proud on the night of February 2nd!

No comments:

Post a Comment