Thursday, April 19, 2012


Tonight I had the amazing invitation to attend the Herlife Magazine red carpet event at the Saratoga National Golf Course! It was absolutely beautiful! Herlife Magazine focuses on necessities for women and includes documentation on inspirational women in our communities!
I attended the event with Miss Empire Star's outstanding teen, Madison Manuel.
We had a great time together as we wandered around and introduced ourselves to everyone we possibly could! We met such a great variety of people! Some involved in the PTA program at Stillwater schools, some very enthusiastic supporters of the magazine, professional dancers, the radio host of 95.5 and of course the editor in chief of Herlife!
The best thing about this event was being able to explain in conversation, what the Miss America program stands for and what our individual platforms meant to us. We were mistaken as tulip festival contestants a couple times but thats okay! The event was very short but it was very productive in that we were able to further educate all of these already highly intelligent people about what Miss America is really about! I am so blessed everyday to have this opportunity to carry the title of Miss Empire Star so that I can continue to talk about what is important to me and make an impact. As Kaitlin Monte, Miss New York 2011 told all of the girls; it is not how many appearances you make or how many titles you win. It is not about how good your hair looks or about the crown itself. It is about how many people you make a difference for. It is about how much of an impact you have when you talk to communities about important topics such as bullying prevention, animal abuse prevention, higher education, ANYTHING that can produce positive changes! We are not just beauty queens who show up to appearances to look pretty. We have things to say and one mission, and that is to inspire as positive role models who put everything into what we are passionate about. Our organization and our platforms. I am one of those contestants who wants the keys to that car. I want the car because I want to drive it everywhere with the impacts I make for others as my fuel to keep going. That is what really matters to me and I am so happy to be competing with 25 other girls who feel the same way!

No comments:

Post a Comment