Thursday, May 17, 2012


I am officially home from school for the summer! Last weekend Katelynn and I had a car wash at the Perth Volunteer Fire House. It was such a success! We made 276 dollars for the Children's Miracle Network Hospitals! Our mothers are so amazing I have to say. They made it possible to have an additional bake sale, held signs by the road and even ran up to help us wash cars when we had a line!

Word soon caught on that two girls in crowns were washing cars and we got a flood of people who wanted to get their car washed! I think some people just wanted to come for the laughs lol . The policeman and the Hagaman fire department for example!We washed a firetruck from the Hagaman Firehouse and several police cars stopped to get their cars washed as well! It was a huge success and I want to thank the Perth Volunteer Firehouse again for having us and letting us hold our fundraiser at their residence!
Today I went to the opening of the Regional Animal Shelter in Gloversville! It was so exciting to see the result of so many who have worked extremely hard. Some taking this on as their full time job! Councilwoman Anadio had this vision and made it come true! It meant so much to me when I told her I liked her cat pin and she gave it to me. It reminds me of the many people who are in this cause for the same reasons I am; their love for animals! I attended my second meeting this past tuesday because I am back from school and able to attend! It was mentioned that Martha Herringshaw of Gloversville has been making monthly donations to the shelter as long as the shelter sends her envelopes and stamps. It is important to recognize these people behind the scenes such as the amazing donor who sent an anonymous 20,000 dollars to the shelter five years ago which played a huge role in where the shelter is today! I will upload pictires soon! I am off to katelynn's to figure out our princerss event for sunday! I will also be traveling to Schenectady to meet with Assemblyman Tedisco tomorrow! He was a key factor in the establishment of Buster's Law and so I want to talk with him about that and my platform. The pageant is in less than a month! Getting extremely excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment